Around 8 o’ clock every evening I wander downstairs and make myself a hot drink. Recently, I have taken to preparing a hot cup of cocoa while I cook my oatmeal for breakfast the next morning ( recipe coming soon ). There is just something magical about drinking a steaming cup of hot cocoa that warms you up while listening to spotify on a cold evening. So decked out in my fluffy socks and cosy sweater I cooked up the most delicious hot cocoa and since tonight I believe I have perfected my recipe – I will share it with you now.
- 1 dessert spoon of drinking cocoa ( not heaped or flattened – depends on personal preference ) note: make sure it’s pure cocoa and not that hot chocolate trash from dairy milk or nestle or whatever.
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar ( or normal sugar but I like the vanilla )
- 1 tsp honey or sweetener ( I use manuka – it tastes nice )
- CINNAMON about 1 tsp to 1 tbsp
- 1 cup almond milk ( use the cup you will drink out of to measure )
- Pour almond milk into your cup to measure and then pour in saucepan. Don’t microwave your milk – that’s cheating!
- Heat milk on medium. Mix cinnamon, sugar and cocoa in your cup. Add a tbsp of milk from the saucepan to your cup and mix with dry ingredients. Add another tsp and mix. Do this until you have a smooth brown paste. It should taste yummy and if it’s too bitter don’t worry.
- When milk in about to boil or steaming then pour into cup. Mix with spoon.
- Take about half a teaspoon of honey and add to cocoa drink and mix.
- Now cuddle up on the couch and drink your delicious hot cocoa!