I think we all know the situation where it’s a relaxed weekend afternoon and your friend or family calls you up wondering if you want to have tea or hang out. They say they’ll be there in about and hour and you realise that you have no snackies to offer them with your tea. Well get ready to have impressed friends because that is what they will be once they taste this paleo apple, pear and cinnamon loaf.
This loaf is the perfect healthy tea loaf that is easy to make and provides a real treat for the tastebuds! The sweetness of the apples, the softness of the pears and the unmistakeable delicousness of the cinnamon all combine together in this recipe – making it the perfect autumnal teatime treat!
- 1 apple chopped or grated
- 1 pear chopped or grated but if you grate it might turn mushy
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cups coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 sweetner of choice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Almond flakes for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. and line loaf tin with baking paper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Make sure it is mixed well. It will look weird, but it works out.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin and decorate with almond flakes.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the oven or until golden and crispy on top.
- Allow to cool fully before taking out of tray. Unless you have zero patience, then take it out when hot and watch it all fall apart! I suppose you could still eat it… with a spoon like eating porridge!
Recipe adapted from http://www.nourishedessence.com