I am back again with another apple recipe! This recipe has been passed down to me from my grandmother and to her from her mother. Freshly picked Bramley Apples from the tree make a perfect cup to hold a delicious mixture of spice, sugar, and raisins and when baked in the oven they are truly scrumptious!
- 2-3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- apples ( 1 apple per person )
- 2-3 tbsp. raisins
- shake of cinnamon
- about 1/2 cup water
- Mix sugar, spice and raisins together in a small bowl.
- DO NOT peel apples, instead cut them around the waist so that they do not EXPLODE. THEY WILL EXPLODE IF YOU DO NOT CUT THEM AROUND THE MIDSECTION.
- Then core the apples so there is a clean tunnel down the centre.
- Place them in a dish.
- Fill the centre with your sugar mixture to the top. press it down a little bit and add some more to the top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the sugar mixture around them in the dish and add the water to the dish as well.
- Cook in a 180 degrees C oven for about 25 minutes or until crispy, caramelised and look done.